Thursday, July 27, 2006

Off to see the wizard ... but need to give him a name ...

Well, today is the BIG day!

Today, I go on over to the Emerald City (hospital), and meet the Wizard (new overnight dialysis cycler-machine thingy).


The big, hulking 35 pound machine as big as the doctor's baby scale thingy Wizard will let me re-discover that There's No Place Like Home - because now, I can actually leave home for the whole day - for the first time in 4 months. However, I will be attached to the Wizard for 10 hours a night which means I have to learn to sit still ... something you know I cannot do.

The thing is ... the Wizard needs a name. Something that I can use to become friends with Mr. Wizard. And I'm stuck. Total and complete writer's block. Yep- I, am at a loss for words.

So, I'm looking to y'all for some ideas. The Hulk? The Wiz (ok, nothing that refers to Michael Jackson ...), The Thing, or
Sparky?

I dunno ... can you help a girl out?


7 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I like Sparky. My grandmother once had a chihuahua by that name.

Thanks for your prayers! You're still in mine.

{{{Hugs}}}

1:27 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I like Sparky, too. But I also like Juice. I mean it's cleaning your juice, you know? See? Not a single creative bone in my body. But you DID ask....

Don't you love the way Brenda makes cyber hugs?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

What about Armstrong? As in Lance Armstrong ... The cyclist. Because ... you know ... it's cycles. OK, I know it's pathetic. I was reaching there. Congrats on your new found freedom!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'bout Buddy? 'Cause that's pretty much what you two are gonna be.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Buddy crossed my mind, too.
Barney? You know, like Fred Flintstone's sidekick (yeah, I'm thinking about the foot thing you mentioned.)
How 'bout Newton? It looks like the name on the front.
Buzz? (thinking Toy Story and maybe the noise it makes.)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

Calll him freedom. Kind of cute. Or not. Whoever he is Im glad you have him.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. Have never had an identity for a blog, and last time I tried this on here, Kelli, it didn't go thru. Trying again. Want to give you our family take on naming things and animals: keep it simple. Name him Mr W. I tell you this because it works for us, naming like that. Of course, we are also the same family that has had Kitty, Miss Kitty, Little Kitty, Baby Kitty, Boo, Boo Two, Fat Guy...well, you get the idea :)
Still, Mr W doesn't give him too much personality, but enough to be friendly at arm's length, so to speak. Love you! Elizabeth

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home