Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hi! Remember Me?

We all have those friends- the ones we hold dear and close. The ones that we may not talk to all the time, maybe in huge spurts now and then, but then - things like life take over and you just lose touch. But, you know- no matter what - when you pick up the phone or cry out, they are still there for you.

Well, this seems to be my relationship with Bloggityville right now. So many of you have continued to stop by, email or call. It has been a blessing, even if I have not been as responsive as I would like to have been.

It started as simply a break I needed - so overwhelmed with life right now. Mortality faces me day and night and after just over 6 months of dealing with things, I cracked. I found that I needed the cocoon of my family more that breath itself. So, I went inside- fully introverted - wrapped up in just those sharing the walls of my existence. I needed to be taken care of, rather than be the caretaker. I had to let go.

The kids are having some issues with me being sick, and it's starting to show. Please pray for them. Please. In keeping their privacy, I won't go into details - but they are 12 and 13 and fully immersed in all the drama and angst of middle school. Remember middle school? The "icky yucky" years? And their mom is sick. So, as you can imagine- it can be a rough road. And recent events in schools nationwide have not made things easier on them. So, please - just hold them close in prayer with us. You don't know how much that will mean.

Mom is doing ok. Came home from rehab after her hip replacement a couple of days ago. She sounds ok, abit depressed and is not eating well. Please pray for God's Hand in her situation. I can't be there. I would like to be.

We are still waiting to hear more from the Transplant Team. I got the "you are a perfect candidate" sign off- with the caveat that a couple of things get ruled out. Amazing how big a word "two" can be when it mean life or not so much life. Kindof the difference between seeing the kids graduate and holding my grandkids some day. Wow. I have to pass a test for "Lupus Anti-Coagulant" or the lack thereof I think it is. Because I had 7 mis-carriages before having the kids, it has to be ruled out. There is something else, I honestly don't remember what it is. But, God does. So we go with that :)

We had our first snow this week and it was a beautiful thing. We went out and just stood in it. Snow to me is the magic of all things God created rolled into one intimate, loving moment.

When I was in college, I sang a song that stuck with me:

I once read in a poem - when snow covers the earth
That it hides the world's scars and gives nature new birth
And they say when a man turns from sin to the Lord
That forgiveness like snow covers him evermore.

And it's told that the angels lift their hearts and rejoice
When one traveler turns homeward from his way to the Lord's
If somewhere someone's turning, he's giving his all
Then God's grace like the snow is beginning to fall.

And somewhere it's snowing, see the soft drifting down
As the snowflakes surrender to the hardening ground
Like the good grace of Jesus, that now covers our sin
In the kingdom of Heaven,
it's snowing again.

I've missed you all; I've enjoyed just sitting back and celebrating the wonder and supporting the struggle. I hope to be back now, more often - but most of all, I want you to each be considered tagged with a huge hug.

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Hey Kelli....thank you for sharing what you need prayer for..and for asking prayer for your kids. Now I know alittle better how to pray for you. I can't imagine how you 'do' all this - handle your own pressures, plus carry the kids, and your mom's operation! BUT I do know that you don't do it alone! I've been really struck this last month, about the verse in Hebrews, that talks about 'ministering angels' being sent to or assigned to us. (Some versions call them 'ministering spirits'.) But..I'v been thinking about that verse alot alately and asking the Lord to show me the effect in my life, of when He has sent those 'ministering angels' to help me...and if I don't sound like a complete looney-tunes...I'll be asking Him to feel the same effect of that verse, in your life too. And Lord... send her help, send her encouragement, and send the transplant!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi Kelli,

I had a feeling something like this was happening. I'm so sorry your children are struggling. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Best tag I've ever gotten in Blogland. And I'll be praying for the kids - being that age is hard enough without anything extra to deal with. Montana snow sounds beautiful. xooxox

8:15 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Kelli,
I don't know all the details of your situation (I'm fairly new to this), but I will certainly pray for you and your family. I know that feeling of just needing to withdraw for a little bit. Thankfully, no matter what the Lord is there to gather us into His great arms and just love us.
Praying for you.

3:21 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

So glad to "hear" from you - I thought about you this weekend and wondered how things were going. Keep us posted - and you will be in my prayers!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been missed, and you've been in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't forgotten to mention your kids, and I'll be praying for your mom also.

I have your number and will be giving you a call one of these days. When is the best time for you?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Brenda- anytime on the weekends work :) Can't wait!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home