Tuesday, September 05, 2006

In a Nutshell ....

Boomama posted this meme that Cheryl tagged her for, and invited us to play along. So, I took a stab :)


1. If you make sweet tea, do you use Luzianne, Lipton or _______ whatever your brand is?

Don't make it here in Montana too much anymore, but when we were in Mississippi? Luzinanne and nothin' else.

2. What brand of toilet paper do you buy, and is it the larger rolls or regular?

Whatever brand the kids can decide on where no blood is involved. The fight for control Team work at it's best. Talk about picking your battles.

3. Which brand of bath soap do you use? Is it body wash or bar style?

Before dialysis, it was bar - Camay. But, now? Ugh. Ivory liquid. It's the RULES. Yes, dialysis has RULES on S.O.A.P. Who'd-a-thunk-it?

4. Which cereal do you buy for yourself?

Granola or Grape Nuts. These are the only two that don't get soggy in milk. I practically wave the milk container over my cereal so it doesn't get soggy.

5. What brand of dishwasher detergent do you use and is it liquid or tablets?

Sunlight Lemon liquid. Nothing else works. And nothing smells better :)

6. What is your favorite fruit to eat?

Nectarines and strawberries. Well, that two. I'm sure "fruit" was meant as plural, right?

7. Which brand of clothes detergent do you use?

Whatever J picks out.

He is the (cue full John Williams score for the superhero entrance) Grand Master Laundry Man.

Yes, he is! Big Red L on his chest and a really cool cape. Heck, he looks great in tights!

(Shocked?! - well for pete's sake, we talked about my toilet paper preferences earlier didn't we?)

8. Do you like chocolate?

Only when I'm breathing in and out. Otherwise, I never touch the stuff.

9. Are you right-handed or left-handed?

Left.

10. Do you still write checks or use a debit card?

Pens are for thank you notes and long personal meanderings in my journal. Special things. Plastic is for power shopping.


So, if you'd like to play along, leave a comment and I will stop by!

TAG!

6 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Hi. I tagged you for this. But. Ummmm. Nevermind. :-)

10:17 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I'm laughing pretty hard here at the visual of your hubby running around in tights and a cape getting that laundry done for you. Actually, it's the thought of MY hubby in tights that's really cracking me up. Blech.

They make you use Ivory? Why? I know it's supoosed to be "pure" and all, but I really am curious why you can't use your Camay, which, by the way, I haven't thought of in years!

And it did occur to me that it's a little weird talking about our tp preferences out here for all the world to see.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

LOL- yeah, the tights thing, too funny.

Basically, I think the soap is a "purity" thing. All I Know is, my nurse is a shrew (although I love her for all she knows) and so she says Ivory and I say Costco!

Some day? I get a new kidney and a new soap. I'm thinking Bath and Bodyworks anything.

9:11 AM  
Blogger boomama said...

Love the line about chocolate.

And yes, Sunlight is all that works for me, too.

Can my hubby have half-a-cape? He does all of his own laundry - always have. Suits me fine. :-)

The bar soap / kidney thing is blowing my mind. And when you get a new kidney, I'll send you a Bath and Bodyworks gift certificate! :-)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

"plastic is for power shopping"--that could be my mantra:)

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor. The cape thing? Don't tell my hubby or he'll want one. He only does laundry sometimes. Now there's a thought - wonder if he'd do it all the time if he could wear tights and a cape.

And I'm with BooMama - I'll send you a gift certificate to Bath and Bodyworks when you get a new kidney.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home