Monday, September 18, 2006

What I'm Doing On My Bloggity Exile, well, Vacation

Vacations are to be enjoyed. A change of scenery, a fresh perspective ... rest, relaxation.
NOT!
I've been on a fully-forced bloggity vacation for the last week, that honestly may last another week or two. And it's not restful or relaxing ...
Things around here have been crazy, in the how-the-heck-will-I-get-a-shower-in-today-or-tomorrow kind of way. I say back and looks at the last 3 weeks and realize I've clocked over 80 hours a week ... and can't think of anything else that has been going on.
Somewhere in there, J and K both got sick enough to have to stay home (thanks goodness it wasn't strep) ... the puppy decided to "un-potty train" himself .... I have fed my kids grilled cheese for dinner to avoid one more dinner-on-a-crust delivered by the "really-cute-pizza-guy" (says K) ... realized that I do have to get new shelf paper down as the cupboards have been that bear from my lack of time to get groceries bought ... realized that, at my advanced age of 41, I can actually do 80 hours a week and stay somewhat awake ....
and watched the rain fall.
Rain.
It rained, hard and all night long, Saturday night.
And it smelled like rain. I love the smell of rain.
I'll still be pulling massive hours this week, and next ... so things may be a bit quiet from the Montana front.
I just wanted to jump up for air and say HI! I miss all of you ... I've been lurking and reading as I can, but I've not had the strength to put together a coherent enough thought to comment.
See you when vacation is over!

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

It sounds like you've been working way too hard. I hope things slow down for you soon.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying God will give you the strength and energy to keep up with your extended hours.

Hugs!!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Vacation is HARD! LOL. Sounds like it's a little hectic around there these days. I understand. Oh boy, do I understand.

Not to worry. None of us are going anywhere. We'll know when you get back on an even keel.

Until then, just take care of yourself and your little family. That's what counts.

And if you can still stop and love the rain, well, you're OK. :-)

Psst. About that little puppy thing? Mine's a year old and seriously trying my patience. Errgghhh.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Thats what's so great about Bloglines. When youre back it'll tell me, and I can come over for a visit. In the meantime, 80 hours a week - sounds like you literally have your hands full!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

There's nothing better than a September rain!! (Even if it's enmeshed in an 80 hour week.) Come back soon!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Enjoy your holiday! I've been popping in to keep up with your blog, but I don't always leave comments - I've just been told by a friend that, THAT'S called 'lurking' - ugh! What a name! So..have decided to leave comments - even short ones - everywhere I read ! So...been enjoying your blog - reads like my life - even to the 80 hrs! Made me think about how much I'm doing, and how much time (in comparison) I'm giving to God, myself and my family! Always love a good challenge. See you when you get back!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of rain as well. And I love your blog! Keep it up:-)

9:58 AM  
Blogger G.P. said...

Wow, a fellow Montana blogger and believer. How awesome is that? We just got our blog listed on Big Sky Blog and saw yours listed as well

Phil 4:13
Cid

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home