Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WFMW - Keeping Up WIth New Friends


This little button here?
It's saved my life.
When I first starting blogging, I knew nothing! Now, I know not much more :)
But, what I do know is...
When I find a new blog that I just adore, I add them to my Bloglines. Bloglines let me subscribe with just the click of a button, and all new feeds (posts) are searched out all day long and put in a neat little webpage for me every day.
I also installed the Bloglines Notifier, so a nifty little shortcut in on my desktop and let's me know when things are there for the readin'.
And, if you have a Blog, you can add a Subscribe button to your site pretty easily, and folks can add you like that! 1-2-3. Friends forever.
So, hop on over to Bloglines and take a look.
BTW, I may not be an expert, but I'll help anyone set it up :)
Just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you.
For more great Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips, visit Shannon at RocksInMyDryer

14 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

I LOVE my bloglines, I keep up with tons of blogs this way! Happy Wednesday - our tip is up as well!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm pretty new to this blogging thing, too and I LOVE Bloglines. I was spending so much time clicking through each blog every day to see if they'd updated. Bloglines saves a lot of time! Great tip. I haven't installed the notifier, though, so I'll have to try that one.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh, I completely agree. I love my bloglines!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

I know bloglines saved my little bloggy life. It Works For Me!! :D

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I've been looking for something like this, thanks.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh, this is helping me out hard core! Thanks for the idea!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

This is gonna help me out so much! Thanks for the idea!! =)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Well geez. Can you tell I read both of your posts before I commented. Pretty easy to figure out since I left my comment on bloglines on your lurker post.

Sigh.....

4:29 PM  
Blogger T and T Livesay said...

Okay -- So I am unsure and resistant to change but I did the initial registering thing. After that do they tell you how to add the blogs you read to a list? I did not know what a blog was a year ago and now it is one of my favorite things.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Donnetta said...

I just recently signed up and am still learing about all of it's features. I do find it saves me time though!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Shawna said...

I like Bloglines, too. Your site is so pretty!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Bloglines fan, too, even though it sometimes goes on the fritz and doesn't show new posts, like this one. So here I am a day late to say "I've missed you!"

6:45 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I love bloglines but didnt know anything about notifier. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip. When I'm out of town, and way behind on reading, bloglines makes it easier to catch up.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Way to go for posting this tip! I was in bloggy heaven when I discovered Bloglines. I've wondered a time or two if anyone had ever done a wfmw about it, and I thought that someone should. Way to go! New bloggers everywhere will be thanking you for enlightening them!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home