Monday, September 25, 2006

Tumultous Tuesday- What a Day!

Dear Bloggity-ville,

Tuesday is a big day in the family, and I would covet everyone's prayers.

First of all, my mom is having her hip surgery at 7:30am PT and we won't talk to her on the phone til at least the afternoon or evening. Please pray for the surgeons grace and steadiness - as well as a fast, easy recovery.

And, I see the Porter Team for the panel review for transplant candidacy. My bloodwork took a hit, so I'm not really thrilled that this is what they will see right off - like a big F on the first report card of the year. I just don't know if it makes it better or worse. So, I'm stressed. Freaking out- you get the picture.

Most importantly- it's Picture Day at school. Middle school picture day. Goodness, but it's been a flurry of activity around here tonight in preparation. However, for the first year, the sponge rollers have not been seen- so it should make for an interesting new addition to the family wall o'pictures.

I do, however, have the DAY OFF. I may even blog and comment. Stop lurking. Lock the doors - and clear my bloglines.

Wow - have I told you HOW MUCH I miss y'all? Like breath away from my lungs. But, I have to thank all of you that have been emailing and sending love and support. It's been a trying couple of weeks, and the place under my rock is safe -

I'm learning to let go, and ask for help and say "I can't do this alone". And you have taken me on those baby steps.

Smooches to each of you.

I'll see you tomorrow, with good news! I hope.

10 Comments:

Blogger Donnetta said...

Let me know if there is any additional information I can help you with regarding your transplant, etc.

I'm sure the team you are working with are WONDERFUL but I just want you to know I am willing to be an additional resource!

Praying even now...

10:28 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

You are certainly in my prayers. I didn't know about the transplant. I will pray that all will go well. It does seem like everything comes at once sometimes. But God is able.
Love and prayers.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Hey Kelli: I definitely will be praying for you. I've been one of those people who keeps dropping in to read your blog, but I don't always leave commments. One thing I would love ot hear more about, if you ever have time, is you often talk about your need for a transplant, but I've never read anything from you saying what the problem is - or is that too private? If so...no problemo!! I don't need ot know to pray - thank goodness eh!! And yes...middle school pictures are happening in this household too - 'flurry' aptly describes my 13 yr.old getting ready for the pictures! You'd think it was Canada's Next Top Model or something!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm getting here a little late, but even though Tuesday was yesterday, I'm praying for grace and peace for today, Kelli. I hope the news is good:)

And as for middle school pictures, ugh! I still remember mine. Blech.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all went well with your mom's surgery and your panel review. Still praying!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Hi Kelli, I find myself thinking of you a lot lately, and of course if I think, I pray. I'll add your upcoming appt and recovery for your mom to the weekly prayer. xoxoxo

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I still have your toll-free number from one of your emails. We'll TIRL soon!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I'm not so sure I think school pictures are the most important thing you just talked about but if you say so.....

Praying for good news. And praying for your mom. Let us know how both of you are doing as soon as you can.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Hey Kelli, just checking in to see how everything's going? Post an update when you get a chance, so I know how to be praying!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi Kelli,

Just checking in again to see if you have an update for us. I hope you're doing OK.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home