Saturday, October 21, 2006

And then, they go and do something like ....

This.

Today, when we were getting ready to dole out the bi-weekly bribery payments to keep the house clean allowances, our 13 year old brought me the laptop. She wanted my credit card info for something she had found. Always a scary proposition.

Thinking clothes, shoes, makeup , or art supplies - I was profoundly please that she was looking at Samaritan's Purse.

She went through their catalog and found some things to donate her FULL allowance to until at least Christmas. Her FULL allowance ...

Sometimes, it all just comes together ....

Gotta go- she is looking at Missions Trips for next summer :) If you know of any programs- other than Teen Missions or Brio, please leave a comment and I will let her know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

She's amazing and a pretty nice reflection on you, Kelli. You're sure doing something right. :-)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

These are the moments He gives us so we can keep going; they don't turn out that way by coincidence, rather by imitation. xoxoxo

7:07 AM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

I'm not sure what cities they are located in, but Samaritan's Purse has warehouses where you can volunteer to pack and sort the boxes for Operation Christmas Child. I think your daughter is just barely old enough. My teenage sons have done this for several years and really enjoy it, plus they get an Operation Christmas Child t-shirt.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you already know what an awesome young lady she is, but I thought I'd let you know that I think so too! And I agree, that is definitely a reflection you.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home