Saturday, December 09, 2006

An Interesting Biblical Truth at Christmas ....


Wrapping paper is not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.

The first Christmas gifts were presented as is - with no wrappings, no ceremony.

This brings us to a very important lesson for the Season-



What were the two main charachertistics of these gift-givers?

1. They were wise.

2. They were men.


Hence, the documented origination of the
"WalMart plastic bag wrapping job"
we all experience on Christmas morn.


Happy Holidays!

9 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

LOL So THAT'S where this got started. Hysterical, Kelli.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again I'm at risk for sounding like a Scrooge, but I hate wrapping presents. It takes me forever, and I'm just not sure it's worth it. But I'll do it again this year. If only Wal Mart could make cute plastic bags!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I just read your comment and am VERY intrigued--and very touched--at the surprise you have in store for us! You never fail to remind me to be others-centered. :)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is the truth...I love it. Thank you for sharing.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and before WallyWorld, we made-do with newspaper comics sections!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I know what you mean. However, I thing whoever thought of gift bags was a genius.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you are a hoot! Wrapping is definitely an art - kinda like folding a map - which I can do quite well. So guess who gets to wrap presents at my house. Yep! My ex used to make me wrap my own gifts, too, but my real husband won't hear of such nonsense. Gotta love him for that, even if it does look like papier mache when he's done!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

LOL!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You plastic bag wrapping post is perfect! Too funny!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home