Saturday, November 04, 2006

The State of the Union

Well, things around here have been crazy and alot has happened in the last 48 hours.

So, without further ado, let me recap:

Kati has decided, finally, to come home and homeschool the final half of the 8th grade year. She doesn't appreciate the drama of middle school and the effect of it on her grades and education. She has already lined up volunteer opportunities for the two of us at church and the Zoo, so we should be busy together. I would love to hear from anyone who is homeschooling 9th grade on what they are using. I need to find Honors English and Math programs the most. That would be awesome!

Jonathon was finally released back to school FT having been diagnosed with mono. They are prepping for the Montana State LEGOS Robotics Championship again in Feburuary and hope to go to Atlanta fo the Nationals.

Yesterday was a banner day- I left work on disability. It's been sonething I knew was coming for a long time, and several of you have been praying with me that the timing would be right. It was. I feel free for the first time in a long time to take care of me. That is not a thing I do really well. Now, I get to try and make things like this and this!

So much in so little time. Can't wait to get back to Bloggityvile more full time, too. I've missed you all so very, very much.

7 Comments:

Blogger boomama said...

HUGE news! Huge! Big praises for you and your family - and so glad you're going to have time to take care of YOU for a while. Keep us posted.....

2:23 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

It sounds like there are lots of things to be thankful for. I'm sure you'll find lots of help on finding a good carriculum. Both of my daughters-in-law homeschool, but neither has a ninth grader.
Take good care of yourself. Glad you'll have more time for you!! We all need a bit of that.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Oh Hooray! I'm so glad you did this. That was quick! I thought it would take longer. Oh, good for you, Kelli.

You crack me up. I was so surprised when I clicked on "this" and "this." I'm assuming you got the patterns I sent you. I think you should make about 75 Santa stars. You have plenty of time now! :-)

Hey! How come you didn't do a "this" on my 30 day friendship cake post? Hahahahahahah. Yeah, right. I may not even make them this year but don't tell anyone.

I'm so happy for you. What a huge load off your shoulders.

7:16 PM  
Blogger G.P. said...

Congrats on taking care of you... A tough thing to do sometimes.

GP in Montana

10:36 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Your positive outlook on all the hard things you do is encouragement to all of us; praying being off work will free you up to do some things that feed your soul. Homeschooling a middleschool girl - you are brave!

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back =))

4:45 PM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

I am homeschooling a 10th grader. We like Math-U-See; Learning Language Arts Through Literature (plus Teacher's Edition); Writers INC, with skills book and Teacher's Edition. I LOVE Beautiful Feet Books, which is a great choice if your daughter enjoys history and literature.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home