Friday, November 17, 2006

Favorite Ingredient Friday



Kelli's Amazingly Easy Peasy Chili Rellenos Pie


1-16 oz. can Whole Green Chilies - drained really really well
1- 7 oz can diced green chilies
16 oz Jack/Cheddar shredded (I prefer Kraft)
8 eggs
1- 13oz can Evaporated Skim Milk

1. Spray 9x13 pan with Pam and preheat oven to 350

2. Take the drained (really, really well) whole chilies and split them open.
Lay them in rows so the whole pan bottom is covered.

3. Take 1/2 the cheese and sprinkle it over the chilies.
Then layer the diced chilies, and finish with
the rest of the cheese on top of that, reserving one handful.

4. Beat the eggs together, and stir in the Evaporated Milk.

5. Pour this over the pan to cover. Top with remaining handful of cheese.

6. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes - or a fork inserted comes out clean.

7. Heat up some tortillas, add some sour cream and YUMMY!!

A note- throw whats left in the fridge, and reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
YUMMY breakfast burrito leftovers!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Hey Kelli...I'm a novice at these kind of recipes..can you tell me what this is for?? I noticed that you mention heating up Taco/burrito shells - do you use this as filling?? Sorry if I sound like a 'dud'...but the recipe just sounds so good...I need to humble myself and ask the big questions: How do I eat this?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home