Wednesday, August 30, 2006

WFMW - Fast Dinners

Working from home is a kick ... except when the days go past 15 and 16 hours and - what the heck - the family still wants dinner? !

So, I pull out the slow cooker in the morning and throw in a package, or two, of (still) flash frozen boneless and skinless chicken thighs (about $5.00/bag at The WalMart), a bottle of italian dressing, BBQ sauce or some marinade from the store, 2 cups of water and slow cook all day on low.

Add some instant rice and veggies, and voila! Real food, without a pizza crust.

Happy family? Happy Mommy.

Cheap? Happy Pocketbook!



For more Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips ... visit Shannon at RocksInMyDryer ....

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wonderful idea, yummy! Our tip is up and we're also hosting the Carnival of the Vanities this week if you haven't visited it already ;).

7:32 AM  
Blogger Tan said...

Hi Kelli,
I work from home too (medical transcription) and I absolutely love my slow cooker! It is wonderful to have dinner cook while you are working! A stir here and a stir there...and you're done!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Hi! Just dropped in for moment - been enjoying reading your blog! And the slow cooker thing....that's amazing to me, because when I got married 31 yrs. ago, slow cookers were all the rage! Everyone got atleast one for a wedding present, but over the years they seemed to go out of vogue. BUT..I've kept mine, and as my family got bigger, picked up bigger ones at garage sales...and I've never stopped using them! Their awesome! I use it when we're off to church and wanna come home to lunch already cooking - yeahhhh!!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home