Saturday, August 12, 2006

Your turn to count while I hide ....


I'm.walking.away.from.the.computer.

I'm waaaaaaalkiiiiiing aaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaayyyyyyy fruuuuuuuuuuuuum theeeeeeee coooooompuuuuuutttttttteeeeeerrrrr (can you hear Ellen deGeneres' nemo whale voice here?)

I love writing and interacting with each of you .... the friendships and camaraderie being built is amazing, refreshing, entertaining, uplifting, thought-provoking, and ... and .... and ....

But, the bottom line is - I'm being tested on several fronts right now, some are BIG ... some are small ... alot are just there in the middle (but by no means, "just right") and I know that to try and answer some hard questions, I need to take some hard looks at things.

And that requires focus and concentration on my part. I'm picking up a couple of books on things I want to work through, and taking the time and room to let God speak ... or smack me with a 2x4 ... or just plain do whatever it is He is going to need to do to get Kelli back to where she needs to be - in body, mind and spirit.

Realistically, I'm hoping to be back in just a few days. The thought of leaving all things internet frankly has my heart pounding and my knees shaking. I may just throw up.

In the meantime, dear friends, drop a line to God on my behalf when you think of it :)

I'll see you in a bit, refreshed, rejuvenated and raring to go!

In pondering BooMama's thought provoking posts this past week, I read this, and would love to see what you think.

Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people, the answer is in the word ministry. In 1 Peter 5:10 Peter tells us that God has a ministry in our suffering. He says, "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you."

Someone has said that a bar of steel is worth five dollars. When it is wrought into horseshoes, it is worth ten dollars. If made into needles, it is worth three hundred and fifty dollars. If wrought into penknife blades, it is worth thirty-two thousand dollars. And if it is wrought into springs for watches, it is worth two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The more the steel is manipulated, the more it is hammered, beaten, pounded and polished, the greater the value.


So, what do you think? I'll be back in a few days to find out.


In the meantime ... hugs to all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

There are lots of different thoughts about why there is pain. Personally, I think that pain is the result of us living in a fallen world, and not from God picking on you personally. God loves you. I'm very sorry for yours, though - try and rest up on your computer breakt. Read lots of good books! You'll be in my prayers.

5:04 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

I have thought a lot this week about the same questions that you have...and I've thought a lot about Jesus. I've thought about how He was scorned, and beaten, and tortured, and mocked. How He was crucified. How He suffered. The SON of God. And how He cried out to his father - His Father - feeling forsaken and forgotten.

And then...the Resurrection. The Life. The Light of The World. Eternal glory.

I just think, if God didn't spare His own Son, who lived a sinless, blameless life, how in the world can we, as sinners, expect any different? We have to trust Him and His ways - I have to believe that our "light and momentary troubles" are to shape our testimony so that we can glorify Him by telling people of His goodness, and His mercy, and His love.

Be blessed, Kelli - hope you have a wonderful blogcation. :-)

Love that steel analogy, by the way - I'll be printing that out. :-)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Hey..just dropping in..and found your blog. (Was checking out the Christian Women on Line site and clicking 'random'..and there you were!) Anyways...loved your steel analogy - copied it! And I totally get what you are going thru - been a rough year for a few of 'us' - relationally, physcially, spiritually. BUT..as you say..we made a choice to walk to in faith. I know somethings I will never understand until I get to heaven - and I'm finally ok with that. I also know that there are lots of pat answers to why there is suffering. Ultimately for me, I've learned to try and be like Jesus and ask the Father " Can this cup pass me by??" and if not...then " Father, will you be with me?" In the end, it's what brings Him glory. I just always wish I could, my life could bring Him glory without the suffering!! Hey..if it helps, my lifetime verse has been in John - where Jesus is brought the blind boy, and the people ask him 'why' this has happend that he was born blind - did he sin or his parents. JEsus answer to them, has been the verse that speaks to my life " Neither...these things have happened, that his life might bring glory to God." Anyways..hope that encourages you. I'll be droppig in again. Love the way you write!

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home