Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My name is Kelli ... I'm a data-holic

Run ... fast .... go somewhere else ... beware of boredom .... beware of seeing me for the OCD tendencies I have around numbers and data ... run ... fast ... the.other.way

Still here?

You've. been. warned.


13 Things That I Learned from SiteMeter

1. There have been over 3,000 hits on this site. Holy cow! What the heck?

2. Referring to #1, that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You like me, you really like me!

3. This is intermission. Go get a drink ... or a barf bag ... or take a nap ... watch your paint dry ...bag your walls

4. Every continent but Africa and Antarctica is represented by someone who has visited my little blog o' words. Could it be that these two places don't have internet? hmmmmmm

5. Most of you come here from other blogs. Who ever thought that there was a bloggy-network (does that make us members of a bletwork ?)

6. One visitor came all the way from Thessalonica, Greece. As in 1 Thessalonians - Paul's Thessalonica. That ... is unbelievabley cool (ok, I was a Bible College student)

7. Referring to #5, new friends are top of the list in my book :)


8. BooMama's Tour of Homes was an 'amazing, overwhelming, blow-out, soon to be infamous' success!

9. Someone came to my site because they Googled "phosphorous" ... still working on figuring that one out. Odd ....

10. Texas is the state with the biggest hit count. But, come on y'all - everything is bigger
in Texas!

11. Blogging has saved my husband. He no longer has to listen to me talk 100 miles a minute, 24 hours a day. He now says "have you updated your blog today? that would make a great post". I swear I haven't seen his eyes glaze over and roll back in his head in quite a while.

12. Being naturally data driven (translation - I haven't a single artistically creative bone in my body), it's easy for me to get sucked into analyzing who, what, when, where and why people come here. Walk away from the stats page and details, girl ... just walk away ...

13. Referring to #12, I will simply continue to write what comes to me ... and sit back in wonder when someone comes to read it.


OK- now W.A.K.E up! It's over ... click away ...



5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

10 & 11 made me laugh. My hubby is a bit like yours. He doesn't want to hear everything I have to say, but he'd rather me just be quiet than blog about it. I spend waaaaay too much time at my desk!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you sell yourself short by saying you are not artistic.
You have a beautiful gift of using words in such a way that they creat beauty, evoke laughter, show emotion & love, reveal turmoil & peace, and give witness to your faith as you grow in it.
Being artistic doesn't always involve tools that result in items in a gallery. You.are.artistic.

4:12 PM  
Blogger boomama said...

Site Meter can be addictive, no doubt about it.

And regarding #2, yes, we do. :-)

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, sitemeter is fun!

I found you via My Quiet Corner, Momrn2's new bloggers welcome party. I've read all of your posts, and I really like your writing - and yeah, the blog layout is sooooooooo pretty!

So I guess I have a new member in my list of regular reads :)

-e-
from Finland

4:01 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

I'm going to remember that one, blogging is actually a gift I give to my husband, saving him from having to hear me drone on and on and on. And you obviously understand site meter better than I do. Every time I've looked at it, I leave shaking my head in confusion.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home