Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WFMW - Pet food

Ok, this one is so silly, I almost feel ashamed posting it. But, it took my 17 years to figure it out .. so here we go.

The kids are in charge of feeding the pets. This basically means:

  1. Get the pet food bag
  2. P-o-u-r enough to completely fill the bowls, twice a day
  3. Wonder why the pets are so plump well-fed and the food bags are empty every 3 days.

Soooo, brilliant thinker (albeit s-l-o-w thinker), I picked up a 1 cup measuring cup at the the store and threw it in the bag o' pet food for the measurin'.

Voila!

  1. Pets get in shape
  2. Pet food bill goes down
  3. Pets still have a home

(yes, I was THAT close to giving them away)

It Works for Me!


For more great Works for me Wednesday tips, visit Shannon@RocksInMyDryer now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I don't think this is silly at all. It's actually a great idea.

Thank you for stopping by my place and reading all those 100 fascinating things about me. :-) If I'd know anyone was actually going to read them, I might have been a little more discreet!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Mom2fur said...

It is not healthy for pets to be fat, so using that cup to regulate how much food they eat is a great idea!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Smart you! The worst case scenario is that the pets wouldnt make it, and since you were considering sending them on their way, thats not necessarily worst case. Most moms say yes to a pet, tell the kid its their responsibility then take over. Good for you to actually do it.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I think this is a great idea! I wish my mom (Barb) had something brilliant like this when she went to Goodland. I overfed her poor puppy when I did feed her, forgot her dinner once, and then served it cold, not knowing she prefers it warm. I am 25, and I still struggle with the pet thing. This is a great way to teach responsibility! (And save your pets and money for that matter).

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home