Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nothing you can say will take me away ...



Thirteen Things about MY GUY


Times are tough right now in the household ... so here is to the glue that holds us together.

1. In the beginning, it was good. We both had to grow up, but we figured it out together- and waited for each other along the way. Now? It just rocks :)

2. First there were 2 of us, then 3 .. then .. what the heck! There were 4! Thanks for the great kiddies, babe!

3. You've stood by me through 6 miscarriages and 13 years of parenting. You've shown me that anyone can be a great parent with just a little will and a lot of love. Doesn't matter what the past looked like for you.

4. You've sat next to me at the hospital for two births, a kidney removal, a hysterectomy, one PD insertion and soon, we hope, a kidney transplant. You never threw up, ran and cried or didn't show up with flowers. Considering how much I know you hate Dr.'s and hospitals, I know you bit several bullets in your time over me.

5. You've taught our kids to fix cars, ride bikes, tie their shoes, throw a football, fear nothing, algebra, love God and expect the best from themselves and no less.

6. You've listened to me talk ... and talk... and talk ... and talk ... and talk - with a smile on your face, and never let on that maybe you weren't just "not listening" a wee little bit at times.

7. You've supported me through my career as it moved us to state after state, after state, after state. You are the best U-Haul packer I know, and ya drive a mean truck :)

8. You've sat up with me at night when things get rough, held me while I cried, reassured me when I needed it - and kicked me in the behind when I needed that, too.

9. You never yell when I mess up the checkbook. Thanks. Really, thanks!

10. Your eyes? Well, I had to get those in here. They are the first thing I noticed about you, and the outward thing I love the most. Blue like a sapphire, sparkling in the sun. Man, I just wish the kids had gotten those eyes. Yeah .. yeah .. I know. Let it go, Kel ...

11. You know me, inside and out. Better than anyone. When my daddy died, you cried with me. You laughed with me. You continue to help me work through the way things are now. You never missed a beat- you know just what to say or do at the right time.

12. You balance and complete me. We have our rhythm and you take the lead. I enjoy giving the lead to you. I love being behind you and beside you. And now? I love being home with you all the time, working and raising our family. Together. I nevern get tired or hearing you down the hall in the office.

13. God is so present in your life, in everything you do, how you love me and how you raise our kids. It amazing to sit back and watch you. May our kids be as lucky as I am with you.

I love you. I am blessed. think you get the message.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

How funny...My TT was similar...13 reasons why I love my husband! Sounds like we both got lucky!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Wow Kelli. You are wonderful at expressing your feelings. Beautifully written. I could FEEL how much you love this man. And six miscarriages. On top of everything else. I didn't know that. I'm really sorry.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Beautiful post.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Awesome post, Kelli! You express yourself so well. What a great picture of marriage. Love it!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That was so nice. BTW-You're not pathetic for still visiting homes on the tour.I"M pathetic for giving up after about 75 or so! Thanks for visiting my blog....

6:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Kelli,

Beautiful. I wrote a TT about my husband this week, too...but yours is much better!

Blessings,

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home