Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm going to Disneyland! .... not

It came! It came!

We got the letter today ... the one from Denver that says "Hey! we'd like to meet you at our next Transplant Clinic". Woohoo!

Now, this is only a pre-approval clinic.

Kind of a rock 'n roll Meet 'n Greet with the Group Nephrology R' Us.

But, hey! It's the best ticket in town, so I hear.

So, mark the date. September 26 - a fun filled day of super-fun with things like:
  • The Tilt-a-Whirl (known as the 5 mile stress test)
  • The Jackhammer (how much blood can one person give in a day)
  • Jeopardy (the psych evaluation - hey, is "snarky" a real word?)
And, my p-e-r-s-o-n-a-l favorite:
  • Who wants to be Knows A Millionaire (or ... what kinda insurance you got? toots!)

Yep -- anyone who is anyone is coming ...

Now, I just need to find a dress.

Oh.


Wait.


I think they give you one of those purty paper things.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pfingston said...

Oh wow! What fun is in store for you! ;-)

Keep us posted!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Oh my word, you make me laugh! That's great news! Praise the Lord!

So. You gonna post a picture of that purty dress?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I know this is wonderful news and it's kinda serious, but oh my goodness I'm laughing at the way you put it all. Cracked me up. This is GREAT news!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

With this sense of humor going along for the ride you should do just fine. You have to be encouraging an awful lot of people out there to look at the things in life just a bit differently. Our next-door neighbor had double lung transplant 5 years ago. When we see him out mowing his lawn, without a mask, we want to hold a party. Good, great news for you. xoxoox

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom had a kidney transplant two+ years ago and is doing great! I have the dreaded PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) that was inherited, so this may be in my future, too, unless they find a cure.
I'll be thinking of you (and checking back on your blog) to see your updates in this 'adventure' you are on.
Blessings!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home