Sunday, July 16, 2006

When (the sad) Truth is Revealed (and humiliates you)

I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

Sarah did a Nerd Test, and challenged us all to do the same. Sooooo, now I feel really nerdy. Mid-rank nerdy, to be exact. ( I made it blink -- soooooo cool!)

I have NO idea how this happened.

I'm a critical thinker, analytical and data driven. I tear things down mentally, but don't ask me to put something together physically. I am most proud when I have less then 10 pieces left over, once I'm done ... and before I look at the instructions.

I'm creative, with words, but not art supplies. My kids both bypassed my artistic ability somewhere around the age of, uh, 2. They have my mom's ability to take empty ding dong wrappers and a toothpick, and make something to sell at a bazaar for $20.00, after which it's put behind glass to protect it's increasing value. My favorite thing about crayons growing up ... was eating them - or putting them all out in the sun in a pile (after chewing off the wrappers, of course) and letting them let into a big colorful lump.

In high school, I was in cheerleading, ASB, drama and choir and sang the National Anthem a few times here and there. I loved English in any form (hey, that's where all the cute smart boys people were) and got through Chemistry with my only grade under an A because the prof took pity on gave me credit for trying. I never met an Idiotic Table of Elements I ever understood. And I blew things up to the point where I couldn't get a lab partner. I still cook the same way ... alittle of this, alittle of that. One of my growing phrases around the house is ... go ask your dad .. when it comes to anything scientific.

Before I got married, my dad bought me a Peugeot 506D and taught me how to fix everything on the engine, and was so darn proud to sit out and watch me work. I got married to a mechanical guy and promptly forgot.

I love computers, call routing and things like that -- and digging into data and researching things is like a bone to a dog for me. If you ever need to know something about anything- let me know. When I was diagnosed, and had to choose a transplant center, I could recite 5 years of statistics for the Top 20 transplant centers in the US. It was fun :)

My 12 year old was on the team that won the Montana State 1st Annual FIRST Lego League Robotics Grand Championship Directors Award this year, so maybe I'm a nerd once removed.

Well, maybe I am a nerd. It took zero-point-no-seconds to go take the test when Sarah posted it. I even went so far to look up "HTML for Idiots (me)" to see how to do a strikethrough- as in strikethrough and blinking text. However, I can't figure out why, after I clear my cache, my blog sidebar codes are wrong on Firefox in one place, and a different place on IE - but looks fine on Preview regardless.

Sad.

Of course, Sarah, I never had my picture in the paper -- so who really is the bigger nerd?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your encouragement - and hey I loved your description of the lab.

here in Finland all 7th graders (age 12) have to do cooking in school. They learn the chemistry too - of why baking powder works. How cool is that?

2:32 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I was an 11. Like I told Sarah, you're the bigger nerd. So, NA-NA-NA BOO BOO ;-)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

ha ha... mine's 13.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Okay, first off, missy, you're SO much nerdier than I am! A 72? That's off the charts! My little picture in our town newspaper can't top that;)

And secondly, I am SO jealous you're smart (nerdy?) enough to figure out the blinking and strikethrough text stuff. If you're feeling really generous with all the knowledge, would you pass it on? I'd love to be able to do strikethroughs!

:)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home