Friday, July 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Momma!

Today is my Momma's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!


Sooo ... at 7:30am (her time) I gave her a call, and gave her the first present of the day.

Now .. you need to understand a few things. Momma has two dogs- Maggie and Tucker. Two mopheaded dogs - Shih Tszu's - who bark incessantly about anything, a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Her answering machine is in the kitchen ... and so are the dogs.


Phone: RING RING

Her machine: Blah blah blah

Me:
MAAAAAAAAAGGGPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE Tucker Tucker Tucker MAAAAAAAAAGGGPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE Tucker Tucker Tucker MAAAAAAAAAGGGPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE Tucker Tucker Tucker

Hi babies- its meeeeeee!!!! Bark bark -- come on Maggot, Tucker! I know you can hear me-- love you! Maggie Maggie Tucker Tucker poochie poochie

______________

I hang up. My work is done. 500 miles away, the dogs are now running around, going crazy, barking and barking and spinning around. So, now -- we just wait for mom to get home. hehe

About 10 minutes later, mom calls back. Leaves ME a message.

Hi Kel, this is mom. I was in the shower when you called, and got out to hear the dogs fussing and barking - so I had to go in the kitchen and calm them down (she hates that. H.A.T.E.S that).

Well, I was on the way out the door and saw the light blinking on the machine so hit the button, and Guess What? It was youuuuuuuuu. So NOW ... the dogs are all riled up again after listening to your message!

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.


Love you too! Call ME back- but please, don't leave a message if I'm not her. Please. (ok, so its rather hard to type in the actual level of sarcasm in her voice)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

Hello, That was funny!! I definately heard the sarcasm lol. I popped in through a comment you left on Boomamas site. Nice blog Ill be back.
Be Blessed

9:02 PM  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Thousands of miles away in Australia an aussie is now having a giggle about this post........well done to you! a great post and I am sure your mum did realy love it! :o)

best wishes

5:13 PM  
Blogger Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I speak dog and so totally get that!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home