Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lightning and thunder and rain ... oh my!

Today has been - well, one of those days.

When you live in an area that has extraordinary rain storms all summer, it makes outdoor activities, well- interesting.

Today, we anticipated the delivery of our long awaited brand-new, bright and shiny- storage shed! (on the edge of your seats already, aren't-cha!)

Delivery drivers call- we're on the way! YEAH! Sun's out!!! YEAH!

They come- they deliver - they leave.

With the second box.

The one with the walls.

Hmmm.

So, call the delivery drivers cell phone- sorry ma'am, no box.

Call the delivery driver's boss's cell phone. I got The Box. Wrong truck.

So, we wait. Clouds start to roll in. Wind starts to blow.



They come - they deliver - they leave.

Houston- we have walls.



Winds only up to, maybe 10 mph and its only a light rain - what the heck. Let's build a shed.




We build.




We build.


Winds are up to 30 mph and the rain is, uh, heavier. Bigger. Wetter.
The thunder rolls, and the lightning strikes.

We build more.

Heck, only the struts and digital camera I'm holding are the real dangers.

Winds are maybe 45 mph and we trudge on.

In the end - the Post Office has nothin' on us.

Through rain, wind, through thunder and lightning.




Footnote ... winds are now up to about 60 .. and those boxes blew down the driveway (about 1/4 mile) with the kids chasin' them -- and our pine trees are bending at, well, an unbelievable angle ... so- should this be my last post ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm impressed with your bravery! We were in the hot tub last night, and one little bolt of heat lightning, and I was out. I'm a chicken:)

And BTW, somehow I didn't have you in my Bloglines. Now you're safely there, so I can read all your latest posts!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home