Tuesday, April 03, 2007

It's Raining ... It's Pouring ... The Old Man Better Wake Up Fast!

So, it's been a humdinger of a week. Ya' know -
* Being sick and all ...
* Accumulating 17 hours waiting in the ER to be told, "See your doctor next week, you should be fine..."
* Waiting around for contractors whose live by the (apparent) town motto of "Whenever" ...
* Being robbed...
Yep.
Robbed.
And it's only Tuesday.
It appears our garage was broken into at some point while we were enjoying our visit to the ER. They took an automotive blanket that John had put under the car to protect the new cement floor, and loaded it up with an extensive portion of his expensive tools. They took alot of loose tools, and at least one complete drawer of his actual tool box (with tools).
Since we are nowhere near unpacked, and most of our stuff was stored in boxes in the garage, we aren't even sure what else is gone yet. Over the last two weeks, we've been through some of the boxes, so they were already open and easily accessible.
Ugh.
So, on top of everything else on the list o'things to do tomorrow, we've added:
* Go through stuff in garage and try to remember what was in the boxes, tool chests, etc.
* Call police and file report.
* Call insurance and file claim.
The worst part is most of what we easily identified as missing was the set of tools my dad gave John before he passed away. John is heartbroken over that- he loved my dad like a son.
Of course, the kids are shook up and worried they will come back and try to get in the house.
Ugh.
Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Oh my goodness, Im sorry to hear about the robbery. Thats awful. I pray your week gets better.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Joyful Days said...

I really just want to sit down and cry for you. I am so, so sorry. I had a friend who had tools stolen, but what he mourned was the hammer his dad gave him.

You need some wonderful things to happen right now. Praying for relief, health and hope for your family.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I don't know how you're staying sane. I'd be a puddle of self pity by now. I don't have a clue what to do other than just pray for you - this is like some crazy movie plot that even a lunatic couldn't make up.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. Two of the worst things ever -- ER and getting robbed.

Are you OK?


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

11:36 AM  
Blogger MotherT said...

Oh.my.word.!!! Kelli, honey, I wish I were close enough to give you a {big hug}! I can go to prayer for you and your family, for peace, health, protection, and that everything will be found and returned. God keep you all!!!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Can I cry for you....Kelli, I just want to fly over there and give you a big hug. praying for you girl.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

I'm so sorry about your dad's tools. That must be the worst part.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Oh Kelli. My stomach just dropped reading this. I am just praying a hedge around you and your family in Jesus' name. May peace, grace and mercy be yours. {{Hugs}}

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home