Saturday, March 31, 2007

ER on a Saturday Night - what could be more fun

For the last three days, I've been feeling sortof out of it. Rather like a case of mono coming on- can't think straight, stay awake. It all hit the wall this afternoon and I had to take a nap.
The frustrating part of the treatment since we moved here, is I don't really have a "doctor". Everything goes through the PD nurse. If they cannot figure it out, they refer you to the ER.
So, we are changing facilities which will benefit us in two ways:
* They will keep me on the prescription for dialysis that is finally working (after a year of trial and error). The current group makes it's decision based on their business model, and my current prescription is not cost effective.
* I will have a full team again of care, including a Dr. that will take emergent calls after hours.
This transition will mean we drive to their office once a month, 3.5 hours each way, but it seems like a worthwhile investment. Especially tonight.
But, I digress.
I'm off to the ER, and will most likely be admitted overnight for an iron infusion (another part of my treatment that this current group stopped cold. It's been a month since I had any iron.) My iron levels are below 9.2, when they should be at least 11.
I realize I only have to get through this next week until the transfer of my care is completed to the new group, but it's seems like forever when you're not feeling good and no one seems to care.
Be good, internets- as Boomama would say.
See you on the flip side.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Melody said...

Oh, I was wondering where you had gone....praying right now that you'll be feeling better soon! I know when I start needing naps that something isn't right in the kidney function world. I can only imagine how much worse it is for you.
Keep us updated when you can. I really hope the new team works out better for you.!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Owlhaven said...

Praying! Feel better!

Mary

11:16 PM  
Blogger Joyful Days said...

Oh Kelli! Praying!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Carey said...

Im praying you feel better. Im praying your new Drs will be ones you like and who can help you.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I tell you, Kelli, I'm having a hard time understanding how this group is getting away with doing this to you. Why in the world would they change what was working for you! Errggghhhh. You can't make this move to the new doctor soon enough. This is just pitiful.

Hope this treatment has you feeling 100% better soon.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Oh, Kelli, praying for you. I hope that this transfer gets going supernaturally quickly. I don't understand how they can fool around with something like this.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home