Thursday, December 28, 2006

Please Pray *Updated

Updated: Casey was pounding on the door about 11:30 last night. Cold, wet, excited to be home. It was fortunate, as we got another 5-6 inches of snow overnight. We are not sure where he was, but he was on the end of our bed all night. Never even moved. And, he wouldn't go out this morning. Without one of us to chaperone. Thank you everyone!


It's dark here now, and we had quite a snow storm.

The problem is Casey the Wonder Pup, our 6 month old Golden Retriver, ran off this afternoon and hasn't come back yet. He has never done this- but the deer and the turkeys are out, so I'm sure he ran after something wild and feathered.

We live in a hilly area covered in pines , with huge gulleys around us. We ran Search and Rescue until dark, to no avail.

The kids are distraught and honestly, I don't think he will survive the night in this cold.

Please pray he comes home, or someone takes him in.

11 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

Oh no, Kelli. I'm truly praying he'll come home. Goldens are so very, very intelligent, he knows where home is. I so hope I see a post with good news. Believe me, I know how upset you all are.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Oh, Kelli, my heart goes out to you guys! I'm praying right now that he stays safe until he can get home! I pray that the Lord just leads you guys straight to him!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh how scary that must have been not knowing where he was! I'm so glad he has come home and hasn't left your side since!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always great to read good news. Have a wonderful year ahead.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

2:20 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Praise God, that is great news, Kelli!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hooray! I just KNEW that puppy would find his way home. It's probably a good thing he can't tell you where he was. :-)

I'm tickled pink for all of you.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Big Mama said...

Oh Kelli! I'm so glad he found his way home. What a relief!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Especially Heather said...

Yay! I am so glad he is back! I am sure your heart is so happy right now :)

I pray your new years is wonderful!

Heather

8:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm too late here to pray--between Frankendog and Tonsil Boy (and tornadoes, no less) I've been a little swamped:)

So instead, I'll say I'm VERY glad he returned! I'm not a dog lover (which I believe has been well-documented), but I love our golden retriever, Scout, and I'd be sick if he were out in bad weather by himself. And are you snowed-in yet?

9:19 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Visiting from Owlhaven's...
So glad he came home!

We have a 3 month old puppy...she is extrememly bright but a little wild. (OK, A LOT wild!)

Also, I was touched by your reply on Owlhaven's about your year. Praying for you!
~Tammy

12:12 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Happy New Year Kelli!! What a great answer to prayer. I didn't get to pray for you since I was out of touch all week, but I can sure rejoice with you. God is good!!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home