Monday, January 29, 2007

Here's to Tom, Oprah and ..... ME!

When I turned 18 (very important detail, folks) , I was told we were going out to dinner and a movie. We stopped at the local McD's- my parents and I and my best friend for "something to drink on the way". Yeah- right.

Turns out the whole lot of my friends were there and we were having a McParty. Not only did we all have to sit in the floor to play games, but we ate Happy Meals and had the perfunctory McCake- all shaped up and decorated like a Big Mac.

Then, there was my 20th birthday. I was at Bible College. I came home from a friendly dinner out with my parents and a frined named Bill- see Bill is exactly 50 years older than I. We celebrated out birthdays together for years. And yes, Bill is still around - and will be getting a phone call here in a bit! But, I digress.

I arrived back at the dorm room to found out that turning 20 at the dorm was a right-of-passage. And as much as I would like to share the details- my blood oath forbids it. I will say it did not involve any alcohol- and nothing too illegal .....

Then came 25- all a blur because I was getting married 12 days later .... 28 I had a brand new baby .... 29, another one on the way ....35, I frankly don't remember .... and now 42.

Times flies when you are having fun.

Here is to all the January 29 babies ..... Bill, Tom Selleck, Oprah Winfrey and WC Fields and the rest.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I get to be the first to say HAPPY, Blessed Birthday!!!!!

I am 42 and it has been a great year so far. Getting in shape and more flexible again will make it even better! ;)

May today be the springboard of wonderous days to follow!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Happy Birthday! Blessings and prayers to you for a wonderful year ahead.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kelli!! Marching forward and pounding the gates of Heaven with PRAYER.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Today is my oldest son's 9th birthday, too! Birthday buddies! :o) Hope it is everything you hoped for and more. Many blessings to you!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I knew it was soon, Kelli. Happy Birthday! I hope you're doing something special today or tonight. Do you think there might be another surprise in store for you? Boy, I'd love to know the details of that college dorm celebration. :-)

I hope you have a wonderful day.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Southern Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Kelli! I pray you celebrate so many more that you can't count them. ;)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Happy Birthday Kelli!!! Wishes for a special, blessed day.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Kelli!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope I make it to 42! (I'm 32 now). May God bless you with many more birthdays!
Denise

3:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hapy Birthday to you! Hope it's a wonderful celebration (and sounds like you've had quite the bday parties over the years!)

3:33 PM  
Blogger MotherT said...

Happy Birthday, Kelli! My youngest daughter turned 25 yesterday, and thought she had reached the top of the hill! I told her that there's still plenty of climbing to do, since I'm older than she is and am not in my "doddering old age" yet! 42 is a pretty good age! God bless!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost thought you just turned 18. Happy birthday.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

11:48 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kelli. Hope it's a great one. Celebrate your socks off. xoxo

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Kelli! Wow, you're old ;)

I'm sorry, I couldn't let the moment pass without saying it. What's scary is that 52 doesn't sound old anymore, let alone 42! Does that make me old??

I hope your birthday has been full of blessings and fun and maybe even a little scandal!! Thanks for letting us know, so we could celebrate with you:)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Kelli and many, many, many more!

10:07 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. But I'll go ahead and say Happy Birthday yesterday. Hope it was a wonderful one.

Praying for many many happy returns of the day.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Kelli! :D

How sweet that you've celebrated birthdays with Bill who's 50 yrs older!

Yay for January babies...mine was on the 24th! And yay for 40's! (You're two years, five days behind me, girl!)

Blessings!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Blogger profile name said...

Happy birthday! I'll be hitting 41 in March. These 40s aren't as bad as I'd imagined...

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home