Thursday, February 15, 2007

How do I Love Thee ...

Note: we don't celebrate Valentines around here anymore. For the most part, it's because our anniversary is on the 10th. The other part? We love on each other all year. We don't need a date :)

How Do I Love Thee? Let me count the ways ...

I love you .. cause you asked "Hey, why don't you run errands alone today? I'll keep the kids.

I love you ... cause I was afraid to drive down our hill in the snow.

I love you ... cause you offered to drive me down our long, steep hill and walk back up.

I love you ... cause you then drove me all the way to the main road- 2 miles.

I love you ... cause you walked back 2 miles in the snow and cold.

I love you ... cause the last thing you said to me, before you hiked home was ....

Take. Your. Time. and GogetyourhaircutmaybeevengetlunchsomewherebutTake.Your.Time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is why I love you. 'Cause you show me in little ways all year, that you love me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I'm just getting caught up on your posts Kelli. I love them all. It's so funny, Barb posted the How Do I Love Thee poem, and I did a thing on it too. Great minds.... :-)
I've been praying for you - hope you're doing okay.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What an amazing man!

I'm still praying for you :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Two miles in the snow in Montana! Wow - what a guy. I live on a hill too, and you cant even imagine how slow my car can go, going down it sometimes. Its a big Dodge durango and theres so much weight, sometimes I think it'll just go kareening down the hill and I wont be able to stop it....good for him for driving you down.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Kelli, you have a good man! How sweet and thoughtful he is. No wonder you love him so much.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Boy, that is TRUE love. I can't believe he walked two miles in your neck of the woods. That's amazing and you are blessed.

So are you about ready to let us know how things are progressing there? I think about you all the time and wonder how much closer you're getting to that transplant.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That was so sweet of him to drive you down the road and walk home 2 miles in the snow! Wow!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I love your words - so sweet for a sweet guy. We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day much either, but it's because our son was born on Feb. 13. We are so glad he is still alive and is well that we celebrate him. YOu may not have found us, and may not be interested, but we're doing a series on his journey through drug addiction to deliverance. Praise God!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Pfingston said...

thats beautiful

9:14 PM  
Blogger Grafted Branch said...

What a man. Truly. There is nothing more beautiful than a man who reflects Christ as your's sounds to.

(As does mine...we are blessed women.)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Carey said...

What an awesome thing your man did for you. You are so lucky.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home